Skip to content
Alert: The Recreation office will be closed on Monday 1/21 for the holiday.
Alert: All Recreation Activities are canceled for Sunday 1/20.
Alert: Both Ice Rinks will be closing Saturday night. They will be cleared and open by 12 on Monday 1/21.
Amherst Parks & Recreation
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Safe Sitter® Babysitting Training Course (Ages 11-15)
Why take a safe sitter course?
Safe Sitter® is a medically-accurate, up-to-date babysitting course that teaches young teens life and safety skills. This course includes a copy of
The Official Safe Sitter
for each registered participant which they will bring along on all accepted babysitting jobs.
After completing this course you will have knowledge in the following areas:
- skills for airway rescue
- Awareness of the responsibilities of child care
- Focus on injury prevention and personal safety
- Elementary knowledge of the ages and stages of child development
- Systematic approach to injury management
- Introductory interviewing and business skills
- Techniques for basic child care
- Techniques for behavior management
- Ethical and compassionate babysitter conduct
- Raised awareness of personal limitations and the importance of summoning help promptly
: Boys and Girls ages 11-15 (must be 11 by the start date of the program)
: Safe Sitter® Babysitter training course
: PMEC- Moose Room
: Please see available classes below
(Please bring a refillable water bottle, a peanut-free snack and brown bag lunch for 1 day courses, and a refillable water bottle and a snack for the after-school course)
--Course includes a participation manual, all necessary tests, and a graduation certificate after the course has been completed
--A minimum of 5 participants is needed to run each course.
Log In to Register
Safe Sitter®- 1 Day Workshop Wednesday Feb. 27th
11 - 15
9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Peabody Mill Environmental Center - Area 1 - Large Upstairs Room off of Ramp Entrance
$75.00 R, $85.00 NR
7 seat(s) available
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities