Amherst, NH Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Building Rental Policies
|Indoor Facility Rentals (hourly rates)
|Kitchen Use (one-time fee)
RENTAL & USAGE POLICIES
- 2-hour minimum for all rentals.
- 50% deposit due upon reservation approval. The full fee must be paid before the start of the reservation. Reservations are not finalized until the deposit is collected.
- No Fee for Town of Amherst Department use including commission meetings and board meetings.
- Contact the Amherst Recreation Department for special pricing on recurring rentals.
- The facility must be left in the same condition it was in prior to your function. You are responsible for clean-up and removal of all rubbish accumulated during your function.
- Recreation sponsored events take precedence over all other requests for usage.
- All user groups are responsible for their own set-up & tear down.
- It is the responsibility of the person(s) named in the rental request to report any problems or damage to the Amherst Recreation Department.
- Pets are not permitted inside the building at any time, except for Service/Disability guides or recreation programs that deal with pets.
- Use of any town owned property must be approved by the Director prior to the event.
- Tables, chairs and kitchen equipment need to be cleaned and returned to their storage places.
- Use of art supplies, exercise equipment, activity equipment or any other Amherst Recreation Department Property (excluding tables, chairs and kitchen equipment) is prohibited. If used, the person(s) named above are liable for replacement costs.
- Storage space for user groups is not available at the Recreation Department. All personal equipment must be taken with you (including all food & drinks). The Recreation Department is not responsible for any item left behind.
- The use of tape, staples and tacks are not permitted on the walls. This includes decorations for parties.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel or deny use of the facility to anyone, at any time at their discretion. All deposits and fees will be returned.
- Tobacco is not permitted on Amherst Recreation Department Property. Alcohol is not permitted on the property without prior approval from the Board of Selectman.
- If it is necessary for a Recreation Department employee to be present during your event, the applicant must cover the hourly rate ($25 per hour).
- Once reservations are approved, all cancellations by the rental individual/group can receive a refund minus a 30% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given after 24 hours before the reservation start time. A cancellation is not confirmed until the Amherst Recreation Department has responded to the cancellation request.
- The rental agreement is considered voided if the user group doesn’t show.
- Weather Policy- if the Amherst Recreation Department closes buildings due to inclement weather, funds can go towards a new date, or a full refund will be offered.
- Once your application has been approved you will receive notification via telephone or email. Upon notification of approval, you must pay all fees associated with the rental within 48 hours.
- All applicants must provide the Town of Amherst with a certificate of liability, listing the Town as the “Additional Insured” in the amount of $1,000,000.
- An email will be sent with instructions on how to enter the building as well as set-up and clean-up instructions.
- If interested in touring the space, please call the Amherst Recreation Department.
POLICE SERVICES REQUIRED
Depending on the type of event, police coverage may be necessary. The Amherst Recreation Department will make this determination. It is the renter's responsibility to contact the Amherst Police Department (603-673-4900) in order to schedule special police duty for your function.