Baboosic Lake Town Beach
= Unavailable = Available
Amherst, NH 03031
|Baboosic Lake will have different operating hours for the final weeks in August.
- August 15-August 22nd 10am - 5pm
- August 23 - 30 10am - 3pm Lifeguards & 10am - 5pm Gate Guard/Boat Rental
- August 30- September 3rd - Closed for the week
- Reopening Labor Day Weekend 10am -5pm
Escape to the Lake. Join us for a summer filled with activities that will teach you new skills and keep you cool at the same time. Bring the whole family for swim lessons, a game of volleyball on our sand court, play on the playscape, build sandcastles, or just enjoy a warm summer day on the beach.
On Weekends and holidays, the Baboosic Lake Town Beach will be open only to Amherst Residents and their guests and Season Pass holders and their guests. Guests are required to pay either the resident or the non-resident gate fee and must also be accompanied by an Amherst Resident or Season Pass holder for the duration of their visit.
All Residents are welcome to use the beach but must provide some form of proof of residency to gain access.
- For more information about the Town Beach, including Beach and Boat Pass information, please look HERE
The ARD tests the water quality at Baboosic Lake Town Beach on a weekly basis.
May 28, 2021
Deep: 4 MPN
Shallow: 1 MPN
June 3, 2021
Deep: 5 MPN
Shallow: 4 MPN
June 16, 2021
Deep: 19 MPN
Shallow: 35 MPN
June 22, 2021
Deep: 1 MPN
Shallow: 5 MPN
July 2, 2021
Deep: 11 MPN
Shallow: 34 MPN
July 6, 2021
Deep: 4 MPN
Shallow: 3 MPN
Deep: 4 MPN
Shallow: 15 MPN
July 21, 2021
Deep: 50 MPN
Shallow: 29 MPN
July 26, 2021
Deep 36 MPN
Shallow 43 MPN
August 3, 2021
Deep 6 MPN
Shallow 5 MPN
August 11, 2021
Deep 28 MPN
Shallow 35 MPN
August 18, 2021
Deep 7 MPN
Shallow sample was contaminated while being tested at the lab.
State Standards state that the beach must be closed if a single test goes above 88 MPN per 100ML or if both tests exceed 158 MPN per 100ML.
For more information or copies of the test results please contact the Amherst Recreation Department.
Baboosic Lake Beach Rules:
- Baboosic Lake is a “swim at your own risk” facility.
- Swimming alone is not recommended.
- Areas outside of the bouy lines are not part of the life guarded swimming area. If you swim outside the lines you are no longer under the lifeguards jurisdiction during guarded hours.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied at all times by an adult.
- Adults are responsible for the supervision of your children both in and out of the water.
- Parents must be close to small children at all times.
- Positively no swimming under docks or rafts.
- Running, flipping and horseplay on the docks and raft is prohibited.
- Only type III Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed in the water.
- All tobacco and alcohol products are prohibited at the town beach.
- No glass containers are allowed on the property.
- Fires are only permitted in the designated grills.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper in the water.
- Boats can only be carried in and launched from the left side of the beach on the outside of the swimming lines.
- No boats will be allowed in the designated swimming area at any time.
- Only service dogs are allowed at this facility.
- Please do not feed any wildlife.
- Follow lifeguard instructions at all times.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.